Naive Cynomolgus Peripheral Blood Mononuclear cells (Cynomolgus PBMCs)
Non-human Primates (NHP) are the closest phylogenic relatives to man. In biomedical research, they are often indispensable. Cynomolgus monkey (Macaca fascicularis) is a well-known NHP species widely used in various types of research, including toxicological, pharmacological, metabolic, physiological and psychological studies. These monkeys are originated from different areas of Southeast Asia and are now purpose-bred in a limited number of breeding centers in different geographical locations. Generally, the life span of a Cynomolgus monkey is 25-30 years. 19-31 months old Cynomolgus monkeys are considered juveniles with no sexual dimorphism and those of 32-44 months are considered adolescent (not sexually mature). Their sexual maturity is achieved in four years of age for females and six years for males. Cynomolgus monkeys demonstrate age-related conditions which are commonly observed in humans, such as cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's disease, bone loss, knee osteoarthritis, obesity, diabetes and diabetic complications. The Cynomolgus monkeys are also widely used as animal models for allo- or xeno-transplantation.
Total Cynomolgus blood volume roughly equals 8% of body weight. ABO and Rh typing can be determined for Cynomolgus blood. Non-Human Primate (NHP) Peripheral Blood Mononuclear cells (NHP PBMC) are isolated by density gradient from fresh whole blood. Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells (Cyno PBMCs) are blood cells with a single round nucleus. These cells are parts of the immune system which are critical to cell-mediated and humoral immunity.
All HumanCellsBio Naïve Non-Human Primate whole blood (Cyno PMBC) is collected by venipuncture from animals housed within the United States. Our standard anticoagulant is heparin but samples can be collected with other anticoagulants upon request. You can also specify male or female.
Also available from
Fisher Catalog No.:
- NC2101869 (Fresh, 10 million)
- NC2101870 (Fresh, 20 million)
- NC2101873 (Fresh, 30 million)
- NC2101432 (Fresh, 50 million)
- NC1681389 (Frozen, 10 million)
- NC1954973 (Frozen, 20 million)
Our Product was utilized in:
- Yang, Fan, et al. "Validation of an IFN-gamma ELISpot assay to measure cellular immune responses against viral antigens in non-human primates." Gene Therapy 29.1-2 (2022): 41-54. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41434-020-00214-w
- Chan, Sarah, et al. "An anti-PD-1–GITR-L bispecific agonist induces GITR clustering-mediated T cell activation for cancer immunotherapy." Nature cancer 3.3 (2022): 337-354. https://doi.org/10.1038/s43018-022-00334-9